Monday, November 16, 2009

This day I say "I do"

this is from Student Life 00'

Once upon a time, there lived a fair maiden who wanted nothing more than her Prince Charming to swoop in and just show her love, true love! Okay I know what you are thinking right now, Amber why are you writing a fairytale blog...??? Well actually that is what I am doing, God has given me 3 love stories, well what I consider love stories :) The first would be the love story of when God sent His son for me, man what love that is!! I could go on about this one, maybe for another blog! The second is the one of me and my hubby, which is the one I will be writing about today, you see today 7 years ago I said I do to the man of my dreams the one who would help with my third love story which is with my kids! But first I want to tell you alittle bit about our wonderful love story!

Well it kinda started off alittle rough, see I had this huge crush on him when I was in high school, he played guitar for the youth. I tried to get him to notice me but he would just shoo me away :( okay ladies this is where you feel sorry for me :) j/k, anywho he is 5 years older than me, yep he robbed the cradle, I love you hunny!! Well a girl can only deal with so much rejection so I said fine, and I was done...for the time being! After I graduated he seemed alittle interested in me but remember I said I was done, I can remember when I would go babysit for some great friends of ours and he would stop by just to "help". Over the next 2 years we developed an awesome friendship, he was someone I could just talk to and would not judge me! Well I had some family members ahem Leah and Mama T and some co-workers that said you are going to marry him. I was like WHAT!!! No, no we are just friends. So a couple of months past, well bet you can't guess what happened....yep we went out on our first date! I just want to say that after we started to date he would come to the credit union where I worked and would put weird stuff through the tube at the drive-thru just because, he is so crazy!

Okay now here is the part where people usually go....ok...Well 2 weeks after we went on our first date, he told me he loved me!! Which is a story in itself.

We were sitting on the couch, yes just sitting! And he was very quiet, which is not like Josh so I asked him if everything was ok. He said yes, little did I know that he was praying, praying for God to tell him whether I was "the one" or not. Josh had never told a girl he loved them before so he wanted to make sure, so he asked God for some kind of sign..."like,like....kiss me on the nose" and before he could finish his pray I kissed him on the nose! God is so awesome!! Well here is also where I ended up embarssing myself, I knew Josh had never told a girl he loved them before but he also said the girl he did say I love you too, would probably be the girl he married! So what did I shout after he said that...."I'm getting married!" Yeah go ahead you can laugh, I do!

About 2 weeks after that he asked me to marry him, in the most romantic way I believe ever! I will save that one for later.

Our wonderful wedding day!

On this day 7 years ago Joshua you changed my life, you took me from being just a friend, girlfriend, daughter and anything else I was and made me a wife!! And later to be a mother. God had blessed us so much, I am so grateful for Him bringing us together. You are an amazing man so patient, kind, gentle but most of all a strong man in Christ. I know that we are in the mist of what seems like a big storm but I look at it as a light shower. And with God leading us, he will get us to where He wants us to be. Just look at our love story, it is pruely amazing to me. I love how honest we are with each other. I love the way you always tell me how beautiful I am, even when I don't feel that way. I love the way you love our children and want to make sure they are brought up knowing and loving Christ as their Savior! I really could go on and on, which I know you would want me to but there are just too many to do so :) But I look foward to this 7th year of our marriage and look foward to growing old with you! I love you with all my heart!!

"Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this. Some people search forever for that one special kiss. I cant believe its happening to me. Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this"~~Our first dance song!!

O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together!!

At Brad and Leah's wedding!

2 comments:

Leah Marchbanks said...

That made me cry!!! So glad that I have been able to be apart of such an awesome story!!! But all that I am going to say is....TOLD YOU SO!!!!:) Love you bunches my sister!!!!

Amber said...

Yes, yes you did tell me so, someday I will learn to listen :) yeah can you also tell me I am going to have a little girl, j/k :) I know that if it is God's will. Thank you for being part of our story too. Love yous!