Ok I cheated a bit, I saw a Thankful Thursday on another post but I loved the idea! So lately I have been a little discouraged and a bit on the down side...boys close your eyes but some of it I think has to do with that umm time of the month. Anywho I thought I actually needed this, to jot down some things that I am thankful for so that I remind myself that it is really not that bad I just need to flip my idea of things sometimes :)
1. The other day I posted on FB that I do not know what the future hold but I am so encouraged to know that God knows and I just need to be a bit more patient and just wait! Sometimes that is so hard for my fleshly(don't know if that is a word, if not I so just made it one) little brain not to want to take control but in Matthew He talks about not being worried about tomorrow and in Philippians He says for us not to be anxious. Joshua actually has been teaching our Sunday School class about Moses and how things were just not the right time for the Israelites to be freed from slavery and the simple answer was wait. I just need to be encouraged in knowing that things sometimes do not need to be rushed, He will place us where He needs us in His time!!!
2. I get to start a new job next week............I get to stay home with my boys again, I get to drive Caleb to and from some place he is going to get an education(I don't like the other word right now =) ). I feel so blessed that we are to a place right now that I can do this. I am blessed to have a hubby that supports me doing this and works tremendously hard so that I can do this. I am just over the moon!!!
3. I have been so thankful for friends that God has placed in my life to help lift me when I am down and just to give me a hug when it is just the right time!!! During a recent trip one of the girls gave us the name SIC's! Sisters In Christ and it is so fitting!!! I have another that just moved from our hometown of Fl. to MS. so we have said we are now Mississippi sister's, ha love it! I have in the past year have realized just how important having wonderful friends are not just having contacts but having a connection. Family is always a blessings but sometimes we just need that smile from a friend and that is all we need. I have been told by a couple of wonderful mentors that if you have at least one good friend in your life you are blessed but if you have more than one you are truly blessed and to hold on to them. Being a friend takes work but the blessings are worth so much more!! Love and joy can change a person!
4. I am thankful that next week I get to go see my grandparents and my great granny who will be celebrating her 100th birthday!!! Yep I wrote that right 100!!! How amazing! I am looking forward to helping set up and just seeing my family. I miss my grandparents so much!!!
5. My hubby has to put up with alot from me and I am thankful that God has chosen for us to spend the rest of our lives together. He is an amazing man that takes care of me, encourages me, LOVES me, is a Godly father to our boys, a man I hope my boys inspire to be and though we have had a "different" past couple of years gives everything he has.
6. I have been so blessed to have the job I have now. I have worked with some amazing people and have met a ton more. I have a boss that is so easy to talk to and is so understanding. Though this is not what I wanted to be doing these past 2 years, God has taught me so much and has aloud me to grow in ways that I know would not have been able to happen if I did not have this job.
Sometimes it is so easy to be discontent with things in your life but how much more rewarding is it when you allow your heart to be thankful, there is so much more I am thankful for but these are on my mind right now, what things are you thankful for?
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. ~~Colossians 2:6-7
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Did you all have a wonderful 4th of July, we had a great weekend and holiday! Here are just a few ramblings of things that have happened in the past few weeks.
-We had our VBS about 2 weeks ago. Our theme for this year was “The Race”, done in like a Nascar theme. We had the best time, Josh and I did the music this year and had a blast with the kids. We have such an amazing staff that can come up with some wonderful ideas. Our old children’s pastor, youth pastor and pastor all helped with coming up with the lessons for each night. Scott (our youth pastor) well God has just blessed him with such an amazing artistic ability, he build our set for VBS each year and it looks so good! We had 3 children give their lives to Christ that week!! Amen!
-Yesterday marked the day the boys and I were driving from
Florida to , Josh and his dad had already made the trip the day before. I just think how encouraging it is to see how far God has taken us. We have been through some really rough patches over the past 2 years but He has shown us so much and has allowed us to grow in ways I don’t think would have happened if we had not made this move. We are still praying for some things…like a house J but if there is one thing we have learned is that God has a plan and things will happen when they are suppose to happen and we just need faith to trust that! Mississippi
-Last week I got to put in my notice for work and I am beyond the moon. Here is one example that God answers prayers and when He speaks He has a plan. In that blog is where I felt God was saying it was time to come back home with the boys but it was not quite time yet. And now things have worked out so that I can, things will be tight but it is so worth it to be able to be home with the boys and do what I feel I was made to do. I can’t wait to spend the day with
and to drive Caleb to and from school. That is still a hard one for me to swallow, Caleb and school but I think I am getting a bit better with it…ok not really but let’s pretend to help me feel a bit better J Taylor
-The boys went to see Cars 2 with one of their buddies Nikolas, and they all had the best time. It was a pretty funny movie, not as good as first but still cute. At one point Taylor asked when the movie was going to start and Nikolas said “when you see cars, then the movie has started”. Oh the logic of kids
-We went to a friend’s house yesterday and had a cookout. They made ribs, pasta salad, potato casserole, roasted corn and a cake but there was also watermelon, pie that I made and cucumbers, you would have thought we were feeding an army but it was so yummy! We went swimming, the boys jumped on the trampoline…I did not try that one too many people there to watch. And then we headed out to see the fireworks. We had such a great time, the boys did not want the day to end. I feel so blessed to have this family in our lives right now.
has become such a wonderful friend to me these past few months. One thing that I have learned recently is that God puts people in your life just when you need them, some are there for a season or two and some are there for a lifetime. I think this is one of those lifetime ones J Beverly
-I am really starting to believe Caleb may become a preacher one day. As we were on our way out to see the fireworks the boys were talking about sins, God and Jesus. Well
Taylor asked why Jesus died and Caleb told him for our sins, that is when asked what sins were so we explained that one. Then Caleb said that Jesus died so we would go to heaven and see Him. Taylor then said that he did not want to go to heaven yet, Caleb said you do want to go to heaven, not right now but you do or you will go to the devil and you DO NOT want to go there J Josh and I just grinned and Taylor just said Oh…! Taylor
-I almost forgot on Saturday we, and when I say we I mean Josh’s dad and Josh, set up the redneck slip n slide. We had some friends over and went to slipin and slidin and had the best time. Last year
was not too sure but this year he was all about it and even climb the hill that the slide is on. This slide will bring out the kid in everyone! Well I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend and I pray you have a joyous week!! Taylor
|just love cute little boys in goggles!|
|Taylor was not happy about this|