Thursday, July 14, 2011

A thankful kind of Thursday

Ok I cheated a bit, I saw a Thankful Thursday on another post but I loved the idea!  So lately I have been a little discouraged and a bit on the down side...boys close your eyes but some of it I think has to do with that umm time of the month.  Anywho I thought I actually needed this, to jot down some things that I am thankful for so that I remind myself that it is really not that bad I just need to flip my idea of things sometimes :)

1.  The other day I posted on FB that I do not know what the future hold but I am so encouraged to know that God knows and I just need to be a bit more patient and just wait!  Sometimes that is so hard for my fleshly(don't know if that is a word, if not I so just made it one) little brain not to want to take control but in Matthew He talks about not being worried about tomorrow and in Philippians He says for us not to be anxious.  Joshua actually has been teaching our Sunday School class about Moses and how things were just not the right time for the Israelites to be freed from slavery and the simple answer was wait.  I just need to be encouraged in knowing that things sometimes do not need to be rushed, He will place us where He needs us in His time!!!


2. I get to start a new job next week............I get to stay home with my boys again, I get to drive Caleb to and from some place he is going to get an education(I don't like the other word right now =) ).  I feel so blessed that we are to a place right now that I can do this.  I am blessed to have a hubby that supports me doing this and works tremendously hard so that I can do this.  I am just over the moon!!!


3. I have been so thankful for friends that God has placed in my life to help lift me when I am down and just to give me a hug when it is just the right time!!!  During a recent trip one of the girls gave us the name SIC's! Sisters In Christ and it is so fitting!!!  I have another that just moved from our hometown of Fl. to MS. so we have said we are now Mississippi sister's, ha love it!  I have in the past year have realized just how important having wonderful friends are not just having contacts but having a connection.  Family is always a blessings but sometimes we just need that smile from a friend and that is all we need.  I have been told by a couple of wonderful mentors that if you have at least one good friend in your life you are blessed but if you have more than one you are truly blessed and to hold on to them.  Being a friend takes work but the blessings are worth so much more!!  Love and joy can change a person!


4. I am thankful that next week I get to go see my grandparents and my great granny who will be celebrating her 100th birthday!!! Yep I wrote that right 100!!! How amazing!  I am looking forward to helping set up and just seeing my family.  I miss my grandparents so much!!!

5. My hubby has to put up with alot from me and I am thankful that God has chosen for us to spend the rest of our lives together.  He is an amazing man that takes care of me, encourages me, LOVES me, is a Godly father to our boys, a man I hope my boys inspire to be and though we have had a "different" past couple of years gives everything he has. 

6.  I have been so blessed to have the job I have now.  I have worked with some amazing people and have met a ton more.  I have a boss that is so easy to talk to and is so understanding.  Though this is not what I wanted to be doing these past 2 years, God has taught me so much and has aloud me to grow in ways that I know would not have been able to happen if I did not have this job. 

Sometimes it is so easy to be discontent with things in your life but how much more rewarding is it when you allow your heart to be thankful, there is so much more I am thankful for but these are on my mind right now, what things are you thankful for?



So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. ~~Colossians 2:6-7

No comments: