Friday, November 20, 2009

I think I ran out of gas?

Today I was on my way to work, and normally I have a care free ride to work, well this morning as soon as I pulled out of our driveway, I saw three cars in the road, one looking like mine. As a got a little closer I saw that it was, there was Josh, his dad and some older lady I think. I asked if everything was ok and Josh dad said she ran out of gas. I asked Josh if he had stopped to help her, he said yes. He was now late for work but he didn’t care, I was so proud, I don’t even know if proud is the right word, it just put a wonderful feeling in my heart. Josh has always done things like that though, he always stops to help someone in need, he probably wouldn’t want me to tell you that because he just doesn’t like to tell everyone when he helps someone, so shhhh J Well that got me thinking about how we, as servants of God, sometimes run out of gas. We become so busy with our lives that we fail to see those who are in need of our service. We (and I am so including myself in this) tell ourselves that I don’t have time, I barely get time with my family, how can I possibly help them with theirs. I feel so convicted of this because I believe we are to put others before we put ourselves. I try really hard to do this but fail so many times it really makes me sad, but I am so thankful that God puts that little feeling in my heart to tell me that I need to learn from these mistakes and do right the next time, isn’t grace wonderful! When I think about helping others I always come to this verse “Dear children, let us not love with words and tongue but with truth and action”~ 1 John 3:18. We are not only to tell people things they may want to hear but to do them with actions. How powerful will our witness be to not only to non-believers but to those who do believe. I don’t know if I am making any sense it makes sense in my head. To me a lot of things come down to showing compassion to one another, many who know we know that I am huge on compassion, I am not perfect but I believe in the depths of my heart that things in our own life could be so much better if we showed compassion to one another, take the focus off ourselves and put it to those who are hurting whether it be spiritually, financially, I know there are others but my brain is not thinking of them right now J I really could go on about compassion because I believe so strongly in it. It can repair broken relationships by just showing a bit of love! I will save this for something else, but I urge you if you feel like you are running out of gas, like I feel at times turn to the one who never runs out and will always fill up your tank…Our Savior!!

No comments: