Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tis' this season!

As I sat on Sunday afternoon while everyone was napping, I was looking out the window, just chatting with God about some things and looking for some encouragement. I was reminded of the changing seasons and the changing of the seasons in mine and my family's life and how they have brought me closer to God. People who know me well know that I am not a person that lives with regrets, sometimes I wish that I would have done things differently but those things only brought me closer to Him and how can I regret that! Right now my family is in a new season of our life, though I do not believe I have been the best example of showing Christ through me, I do feel Him surrounding me everyday! And just when I thought I wanted to give up, our pastor preached today about 4 different things 1.) The call of God in your life, will require you to play hurt sometimes. Meaning that sometimes we might have to live out Christ in our life even though we are going through some tough times! 2.) Quitters never finish, and finishers never quit. I think this one speaks for itself 3.) There will never be a situation that God is not aware of, or will never fail to provide for. This is one of the ones that hit me hard, because sometimes I just feel like I can't feel Him but that is my fault because my heart is not where it needed or needs to be! 4.) Refuse to let the present rob you of God's ultimate goal! This is just an awesome statement I think! I know that what we are going through is in God's hands, I just need to lean on Him, so that in the end His glory will shine! So are you changing seasons in your life, if so I pray that you can see God's handy work at hand. "Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer" ~Romans 12:12

No comments: