Ok so it is drawing near the end of the week and I thought it would be kinda of neat to give you my top 5 things that have been on my little brain. J
1) The other day as I was driving home from work I was listening to K-Love and I heard a quote that really spoke to me and I loved it. It is from Louie Giglio and he spoke about this at this years Passion conference (would love to go to one of those) and he said “Why do we say small prayers to such a Big God”. At first I was like what all these things matter to him but then when I dug a little deeper I thought about how sometimes I just give Him the small things and try to take care of the bigger things myself, does anyone else do this? Also I thought that something small to me might be big to you and vice versa. I was talking to Josh about this last night and he gave a great analogy he said to us driving to the gas station is not a big deal but to a 15 year old who just got his permit it could be. So this has been something I have been pondering about.
2) I registered Caleb for kindergarten; yep that was a big step for me. I did feel like a bad mom when I found out that day that you could bring your child with you to meet the teachers and yeah I did not do that. But I got there handed her my papers and forms, she just check that I had all my stuff and said well that’s it….Wait, what that is it I told her there should be something big for me cause this was a momentous thing for me J She just smiled and said it is for a lot of moms J
3) Do any of you deal with insecurity, surely not? Just kidding. But this thing with insecurity has good and bad days. Some days I can just be positive and not let it get me down but there are others days where I just see things and it just crumbles me. I do know that God is walking/helping me through this every step of everyday and I am so thankful that I have that. My friend Emily posted this verse awhile back and I just try and recite this when my insecurity wears it ugly head.
4) Four the past 3 weeks a friend of mine and me have been going to this boot camp fitness thing to help jump start us to “trying” to be more active. Whew I really wish you all could see us we are a sight to see. I did not realize how out of shape I was until I was asked to jog! Man ol’ mighty! Well this past week we worked on our glutes and can I just tell you how bad my butt is hurting right now, I can barely sit my muscles hurt so bad. Ok so this is nothing really big just thought I could give you all a laugh J
5) Prayer! That has been the thing I have done and needed the most. I know we are suppose to always pray but for some reason this past couple weeks it has been the thing I have needed to do the most of. And the thing is that I actually don’t know what I am praying for I am just praying. We are praying for us a house of our own. We are praying for me to be able to stay home or be there as much as I can, cause has you might have read before that I feel God calling me to be at home again or just being able to just be there for my boys more…don’t know when or how but I do feel that call. We have had several opportunities fall through and some more possibly becoming available. We want to make sure we get into the house that God wants us in, not just the first one that becomes available. Both finding a house and me hopefully getting to spend more time home with the boys are going to have to be a God thing. But he has shown us that he can do amazing things with situations that can seem hopeless. We know he has a plan, I guess more than anything we need to pray for peace in that knowledge. It’s hard to wait on someone else, even when it’s God. I am waiting to hear that small maybe big voice from my Savior!
I pray you all are having a great and joyous week, I know we are! Things are still uncertain but one thing for sure is that I have a wonderful Savior!!!
Bonus: One of my favorite songs right now is from Casting Crowns “Glorious Day”, it is helping prepare my heart for Easter! Check it out J
"Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else” ~Galatians 6:4