Friday, June 11, 2010

Billy the Bee

(I wanted this in color but the file was too big :P, I also wanted some others but again were too big :) )

Man you look at that picture above and you might think that everything looks peachy keen. Well I not trying to brag but I will brag about what God has done with my family. Remember that God’s glory will always shine!!

See about 8 years ago our family was torn apart and from the outside you would think that there was no way to repair it, but that is where you never say never when God is in control. At one point I really thought like Naomi did when she said the Lord as dealt bitterly with me. Little did I know what He had in store. He worked through my bitter heart and a lot changed for me at a Life Action Revival and our speaker was talking about when people squeeze you what comes out and what would you like to see come out! Man I was like I do not want people to see nastiness coming from me and I prayed and prayed for my bitterness to be taken away and over time it became easier and easier. Now my family is on a road if you asked me 8 years ago if we would be on that road I would tell you there is no way.

Josh(he is an amazing storyteller J) told the kids a story before bed the other night about a bee name Billy, so he was named Billy the Bee and he had gotten lost from his beehive and it was becoming dark and he was afraid that he would not be able to find his way home. So he stopped and prayed asking God to help him find his way home. So God lit one flower and Billy hopped on, then God lit another and another. Billy had hopped on a dozen flowers and said God I am tired and just want to get home, and about that time he looked up and saw a light to a house and the light of that house lit up his beehive. Funny how a story my husband told our kids encouraged me! See too often I feel as if I stay on a flower and just tell God I am too tired and miss out on all the growth and blessing He supplies to me along the way. So I love looking at my picture above because we still have many miles to travel but God is in control and I think I will be a Billy the Bee J

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; ~~Romans 5:1-3

No comments: