Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Reality check

Have you ever felt like you really just need to be slapped into reality sometimes! Well let me tell you today I feel like it is what I needed and it is just what happened! I occasionally I go to this site proverbs31.org to read and offer me some encouragement throughout my day! Well like I said I don’t go all the time but I did this morning and the devotion was what I needed to really hear! All I could say is WOAH!! How true I find that in my own life right now, I feel (now please see that I am saying I feel) like I have gotten pretty good in the ministry God has placed me in but just like she said I feel like I need to be patted on the back every now and then sometimes I did not ask for God to be there! How horrible does that sound! Well my really big insecurity I have is with me and Facebook and even this blog. I would just want someone to say how much they loved or miss me, or that my writing just really touched them or to comment on my pictures that I post of my super adorable kids (I mean really how could you not J). How selfish and self absorbed is that. I felt so ashamed with how I felt after reading that devotional this morning, but there is one thing that helps me bring my head back up and that is turning to my Savior the one who I should have turned to all along, He is one who always leaves comments for me and tells me He loves me and that the serving I do is for Him and that is all I should need and if someone just happens to say your doing a great job, say thank you and don’t fret about the next person who comes along. He also showed me that what I have really been feeling is loneliness I have pushed him around by things…by people, and I wonder why I feel so lonely. He wants to be first and He needs to be first in my life and I find that when I allow that to happen I am fill with such JOY and I don’t feel empty. Funny what alittle slap in the face can do J But let him who boasts boast about this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight, declares the Lord.~~Jeremiah 9:24

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, my dear sister in our Lord, Your ministry appears to include your blog. You are a true witness to the good news that we all need our daily fellowship and worship of our one true FATHER who will see us through each day to bring us to that day when He will glorify us by accepting us into His presence.

Jos 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

God bless you,
John

Amber said...

Mr.John,
I can not tell you how much that meant to me, you gave me some wonderful encouraging words and they truly touched my heart! Thank you so much!! Oh and I LOVE the verse that you gave me and have will meditate on that one today!!